Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

There was something wrong with our internet connection yesterday. I could barely get to my e-mail or any place else. At first this was a bit frustrating and I felt out of touch with the world. Then I realized it was a good thing. A day away from the computer would be a good thing. I got a lot done. I got some spring cleaning done, got the rest of the summer clothes out and washed and got some stitching out.

Yep, I dragged out some stitching. I went through my stash on Sunday to see if there was anything I wanted to part with. I found a few things but I started to feel excited as I looked at some of my kitted up projects and realized I really wanted to stitch these things. I took out "Blackwork Princess" by Dragon Dreams. I have a lots of good memories of this project. I bought it directly from Jennifer Aikman-Smith when I was in Toronto last October. I reminded me of hanging out with her and Misty and Delphine. I had it started and I managed to get a lot done on it yesterday. I may even get it done by the weekend or Monday. It's also weird, the more stitching I do, the more things I get done. I set the timer and I stitched for 20-25 minutes and then cleaned for 40 minutes. It worked out well and my house is back in order.

Last night was my favorite night for TV. There was a new "Gilmore Girl" on and it wasn't pre-empted because of basketball. At first I was really excited but after the episode I thought it was only so-so. I've been watching the first few seasons in re-runs and they are far better then the shows this season.

Then it was "The Amazing Race". I'm glad Joyce and Uchenna won. I was secretly wishing Amber and Rob would win but I knew that if they did fans of the show would be ticked so I think it worked out well. I wonder how long until the next race begins?

Today is a 1/2 day for Donovan. He's looking forward to having the afternoon off. I hate the 1/2 days though because I have to get Donovan from school at 11:18am and then get across town to get G at 11:30am. I usually always make it with a minute or two to spare but I always worry that I'm going to be late!!

Of course now that I have all the summer clothes out the weather is going to turn colder but the last couple of days have been amazingly warm and summer like. Summer should be here soon!!

And how could I forget to mention that my concert ticket to see Jason arrived in the mail late Monday afternoon. It came in a plain white envelope and it frankly, looked like a bill. I don't owe anyone anything but still I was nervous when I opened and was super excited when I saw the ticket. It only lists Alanis Morisette's name but still. Days until the concert: 28

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, May 11, 2005 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Glad to hear you are excited about stitching again! And I like the new look. Comments and everything. Check you out! :)

 
At 7:41 PM, May 11, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted Rob and Amber to get the million too!!!!! But at least Ron and Kelly didn't win. Kelly didn't deserve it. And at least Joyce can buy a smashing wig now! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home