Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Summer is here with a vegnance!!!

Just a few weeks ago I was moaning about how cold, damp and chilly it was. It seems that someone was listening and has turned summer on to full blast. It has been so hot and humid and it's not even officially summer yet. I broke down yesterday and had to turn on the air conditioning. It hit 85 in the house and even with fans everyone it was stifling. I was sweating just sitting still so on the air went. It took awhile to cool down the house but helped with the humidity.

I haven't blogged in awhile. Some has been the weather, some it's just been too busy doing fun things and hanging with the family to do it.

Last Friday Dh took me out for my birthday. We had a bit of a snafu with the sitter on my birthday weekend so we waited a week. Man, it was worth the wait. We were going to go with a group of friends but most dropped out by the time the night came. That was fine with me because Dh and I had a great time. We ate, drank, danced, played some darts, played some pool and I got hit on while he was in the bathroom. It was a good night for me to let loose and have a little fun. I was feeling a bit old and frumpy with turning 38 but DH made me wear something a little tight, a little low cut and I had a blast. I felt young again and shook me out of my "funk". It reminded me age is a state of mind!!

Last Sunday was the lodges breakfast. Man, it was hot in that kitchen. The saving grace was that it had a light turnout so we didn't have to work as hard as usual but it was still not a bunch of fun. I have a real love/hate relationship with the lodge as a whole. They are like a family with great people and we have a lot of fun. It's built a great extended family for my kids and I know I have people I can depend on. Like a family though some people grate on your nerves and sometimes you just need a break from them. Normally that happened in the summer. We wouldn't do a breakfast in July since the first Sunday is near the 4th of July and a lot of people are out of town, the same held true for September/Labor Day as well. This year however they want to keep the "momentum" going so there will be no breaks this year. easy for a lot of them to say. Most show up 1/2 way through, go home early and don't work nearly as hard as I do. I'm not saying I do it all but I work my butt off from the start all the way through the end. I told Billy point blank, next month I'm taking off.

The same was true with meetings. The lodge would not meet during the month of July and August. I looked forward to having my Tuesday evenings with my husband back but again to keep the "momentum" going they will meet straight through the summer. This is for the "mythical" brothers who may come to town on vacation and want to "visit"....Which I doubt will happen.

I guess it ticks me off somewhat too that the master(also my brother in law) isn't there for all the functions, but can make the edicts that everyone else has to be. He has missed a lot of meeting and a lot of breakfasts. The year Billy was master was also the year I was pregnant with Donovan. The only breakfast he missed was the one two days after Donovan was born and one meeting the first week we were home from the hospital.

Ah well, like family you have to take the good and the bad. Still the morning of July 3 will find me snug in my bed and they can find someone else to make the biscuits!!!

Last night was my concert!! I've gushed on over on JPC and with my Michigan friends but I'll sum it up here to say it was AMAZING!! I've never been so close to the stage in my life. I was 15 rows back but it was a small venue so I was close enough to practically count eyelashes. He did 7 songs and he sounded really good. All the songs were ones I liked and I was so glad he didn't sing "The Remedy". Yeah, it's his big hit and he has to make a living but it's his worse song. I swooned a little when he sang "our" song "You and I both" which was the video that introduced me to the greatness that was Jason.

I'm still surprised I shelled out $80 for 7 songs or 45 minutes of time but man it was good. I saw him last year and while I enjoyed the show he was pretty mechanical, he came out, did his songs with very little chat or banter and left the stage. I understand now he was going through some stuff personally and professionally and we were towards the end of the tour so he was plain tired. Still I was a tad disappointed because this wasn't the performer I heard in all the concerts. Last night I saw that "Jason" and it was good!!

I'd say a majority of the crowd didn't know him but I think he won a lot over. The were respectful and he got a good round of applause at the end. I think this is good for him, to be exposed to a new fan base and new people. He did a nice mix of old/new stuff so I think they got a good representation of who is as an artist and what he can do.

I got to meet Toca, his famous percussionist/partner in crime, in the parking lot before the show. He was nice, shook my hand, told me to enjoy the show. Some other fans waited after the show and met him by the tour bus. I couldn't even fathom that. I don't know if I could of formed a sentence in his presence.

All in all it was the best $80 I've spent in a long time and the night couldn't of been any better. It was all I could of hoped for and more...Ok, he could of sang a little longer.

Here is the latest update on my Christmas Flourishes after 11 days of work:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Designed by Nora Corbett, copyright Mirabillia Designs

And yes, I'm starting to post again...A little. I finally realized that no matter what I did some people were still going to complain. I mean seriously I started a blog because I "annoyed" certain people but yet they read this too and complain about that. There is just no making some people happy so I'm going to stop trying.

Next time I will have to talk about the start of Baseball/T-Ball season. I have some cute shots of the boys in their new uniforms. It's such fun watching them play!!

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, June 09, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see another blog entry! Andthat you are posting again!!! Don't let the "bad guys" win. There are a lot of people who care about you and enjoy your posts. Glad you had fun at the concert. You
ve come a long way in a short time on your sticthing, it is beautiful. Can't wait to see the boys in their uniforms. I bet they are so cute!!

 
At 4:27 PM, June 11, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Glad to see your progress picture. You're really moving along, Sarah. I'm glad that the concert was a blast, too.

I'm happy to see you posting again! I agree with you 100% on your comment that it's impossible to make some people happy, ever.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home