Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Thursday progress picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
designed by Nora Corbett, Copyright Mirabilia Designs

I'm really happy with how much progress I'm making on this project. It's a HUGE project and I have a long way to go but it's moving quickly. I had to make a substitution for the gold. It called for Nordic Gold that I couldn't find at my LNS. I decided to just use a Petite Treasure Braid I had in my stash. The gold is really a highlight and an accent in sections. I think the PTB is plenty shiny and like how it looks next to the green. If there were large sections of gold I might of been more willing to track the right thread down but I'm happy with how it looks. It also allowed me to keep moving on this WIP and saved me some money...Both good things!!

I also got to my LNS last weekend and got the green braid I needed as well as the beads. They were having a sale so I got them at 20% off and was very good and got only what I went for...YEAH!! I like the little sparkle my project now has. Of course this project is really about the colors than the sparkle and the beads but still it's pretty!!

The last week has been pretty boring, and not a lot to talk about. Last weekend was another good one. Like I said I got to my LNS, helped set up a lodge function, went to my nieces combo 18th/graduation open house, went to watch my BIL play hockey and got a chance to hang out at home and stitch too. Billy had to go into work for about 6 hours on Saturday night. I gotta tell you it's a lot easier to watch him go out the door to work like that when you know he's getting paid over time instead of like at his old job where he was basically giving away his time.

The weather here has been gross!! It was so hot and so humid. We had rain just about every day but it did nothing to cool things down. Baseball/t-ball was canceled on Monday.

The weather caused a huge strain on the power grid. We were in a brown out situation a couple of afternoons in a row. We had power but most everything had to be kept off for fear of hurting the equipment.

Thankfully the weather broke yesterday and we seem to have gone in the other direction. This morning it's only 61, cloudy, and a bit cool. I guess we can't have any happy medium. I'd rather have it cool than hot though the boys are anxious to take the sprinkler out again.

Donovan is finally done with school. I'm so happy!!! He's still up pretty early but it's really nice not having to rush every morning. We can take things at our pace. This morning they did sleep until after 7:30am so I was pretty happy about that.

As promised here are some baseball pictures of the boys. I took these last week at their first game:

Donovan:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Gaelan:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and here is a picture of our viscous dog:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our home owners insurance company has decided not to renew our policy because of our apparently vicious dog. Vicious, yeah right, that's a laugh. She is a barker and will bark at most anything walking by but she is a pretty gentle dog. We are responsible owners in that she is never outside without us being home and she's not around strangers without supervision. I just find it so silly that I've had her 8 years with never a complaint from anyone. She's never bit, never snapped, never been aggressive with anyone/anything but they can drive by(at least I'm assuming that's what they did because no one has come to the door)and make a judgment. I'm on the defensive and I haven't even done anything wrong. I'm still waiting to hear from our agent and we do have almost a months notice so I'm sure we can find another carrier. I just find it absurd that we are being dropped because of her.

2 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, June 16, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Your children are darling, as is your gorgeous doggy. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Your Flourishes is coming along so well, Sarah. I can enjoy stitching vicariously through you and others as I sadly haven't had the time lately!

I hear you on the weather. My DH is from the midwest and I have felt that sort of humidity. Most others where I live haven't a clue what humid REALLY is, unless they've been back there.
(Susaninsocal)

 
At 7:44 PM, June 16, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boys look great playing ball! Your doggy looks pretty gentle and lovable to me. Your stitching is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing these pictures!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home