Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Back online for just a few minutes.

We have just 9 days until Steph will be here full time so we've been in full out move everything mode. She is going on a trip with her mom, who is here from Florida, over the weekend so she is trying to do as much as she can before she leaves since she will have to little time when she returns. Our basement is currently a mish mash of her stuff and our stuff. We pulled the plugs on the computers about a week ago and we are still trying to figure out where/how they are all going to fit elsewhere. This was my biggest concern of her moving in and as I thought it poses the biggest problem. I'm currently on the Lodges laptop just to pop on and see what is up in the outside world. I have over 100 e-mails(mostly junk I'm sure) to wade through but I'm not really in the mood for it.

I thought I would miss the computer since I used it so much but really except for a few things(like popcap games) and few people for the most part it's been kind of freeing not having it on and maybe we might only hook back up one computer, maybe DH's, for the summer. I don't know, we will have to see. It's funny how much of my time and energy was spent in the online world and how freeing it has been to walk away from a lot of it. I think it has been really good and I'm putting things into a more proper perspective. I did a quick look around and it seems things are as they ever were.......

Things are very well here. I finished my SIL's wedding sampler today. I think it looks Ok. I had a hard time with the centering of their names since hers has 6 letters and his only 3 so no matter the spacing it looked lopsided but it's good enough. I should be able to finish it as a wall hanging next week(I hope). I might frame it instead...Not sure, I'll have DH help me with the decision.

D went back to the dr's last Saturday for a re-check. He was given a clean bill of health and we finish up the antibiotic I think tomorrow...I'll keep giving it to him until its gone. The other Dr. Thinks that instead of a strain of resistant strep that a more likely scenario was a secondary infection on top of the strep. Which ever it was it's great to see D back to full strength even if he is a handful now that he has so much time on his hands.

Dh's rib is do so much better. He skated on Saturday in the first game of the summer season. They got beat, badly. They were playing a team a lot better than they are since they don't have enough teams to have seperate divisions during the summer. It didn't help that they were very short handed and had a few new players as well. DH said he loved it though because he learned a lot and he thinks playing better teams will be good for them in the long run. It will be nice this summer because so far it looks like all the games are early so we will be able to go to most of them. The boys *love* watching their dad play.

Last night was another weekly BBQ. Steph's mom came with her and our friend Scott joined us for awhile too(his wife has a class on Wednesday nights) We did just burgers/dogs and apple crisp for dessert. We then headed to a local park for a fireworks display and then headed home to play some cards. Steph's mom and I beat Dh and Steph, 10-1. It felt good to beat DH and so handily!!! These weekly BBQ's are quickly becoming my favorite night of the week. We have such a good time laughing and eating and just hanging out. I'm glad we are doing them!!

DH and I also got away for a little while on Monday evening. We figured since we can't afford dinner and movie we are going to do smaller date nights. We left the kids with Grandma, went to a local coney, split an order of chili fries and I had a sundae. After that we took a walk around the town, window shopped, and then picked up the boys. It was nice to have a couple of hours alone and it was a cheap date too!!

This weekend will the be the final list of things things we need to do. We are going to lay a new floor in the bathroom down there as well as put a quick coat of paint on it(the harvest gold is just not a good color). We've had the tiles forever just haven't gotten to it and with it being such a smallish room it shouldn't need more than a 1/2 gallon to do two coats. We also need to clean out the frig down there and make sure the kitchenette cupboards are clean enough for food. Both are small areas and I hope we can get them done on Saturday since Sunday is the lodge breakfast so we will be tied up all day. There is always Tuesday since we don't have plans for the holiday.

The laptop has to go back to the lodge tonight and who knows when we will have the other systems up and running but I'm thinking sometime after the 10th of July things should be smoothing out....I hope!!

And my talking about Steph moving in and some of the worries I have about it in no way imply that I'm not looking forward to having her here. I still think it's a good plan and I'm happy about it, just hung up on a few of the details of it all.

4 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, June 29, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I was just starting to worry about you, Sarah, thinking maybe something bad had become of D's infection. So glad to hear that is not the case! I know things are kind of nutty right now with the arrival of your summer guest, but I'm sure they will all smooth out soon enough. {{{hugs}}}

 
At 6:37 PM, June 29, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Thanks for updating! Sounds like everything is going well!! I am so happy to read about your 'date night' too! You deserve it!!

Take care and write again soon!

Lori

 
At 6:53 AM, June 30, 2006 , Blogger Shalini said...

Glad to hear DS is doing well!!
I know what you mean about taking a break from online world, I'm doing it with TV. We have cut our cable for the last 2 months, and we're doing wonderfully! Plenty of time to scrap, stitch, play, exercise, and even clean! The house is shining all the time haha. I'm sure it's just a phase.

Shalini

 
At 8:40 AM, June 30, 2006 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

Hi Sarah! I've missed "seeing" you online. I'm glad to hear that things are going well, if busy. I hope you are still able to pop online sometimes! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home