Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, June 16, 2006

We're sick! Again, what a surprise!

Not with Strep throat thank goodness but another nasty cold. I feel so bad for D because first he got the cold I had Memorial weekend, then boom got hit with the strep throat,felt better for a day and then boom, cold time. Dh is also pretty bad since it's incredibly painful to cough and/or sneeze with his ribs hurting. The only one remaining standing is G. He's fine, healthy as a horse, and can't figure out why none of us will play with him. I did something *very* rare yesterday. I did nothing. I sat on the couch, with D curled up with me, a box of tissues and read the whole day.

The Asian Feast was a huge success and it was a lot of fun. We ate outside and our friend Scott came over too. We played cards and just had a really good time. Next weekend after dinner we will be working on getting more of our stuff out of the basement, into the garage and Steph will bring more things from her place too. The end of the month is fast approaching but it was nice to hear that she was looking forward to coming to stay. I worried that she was dreading it and feeling like it was her only choice but she said she is looking forward to a fun summer.

We were able to get D's report card before we all started to feel so bad and he did really well. He is excelling in the language skills according to his teacher and is reading well beyond grade level. He didn't do so great in Math and we need to work on that over the summer. It's not a surprise and I've heard our friend Mary(who is a math teacher) say they push reading so much that basic math skills are often over looked. I'm going to talk with her and see if she can help me put together some things we can work on over the summer. I told D that math is like reading, with it's own rules and rhythm and the harder he works now, the easier it will be down the road.

The people at the school office said they had a lot of kids out the last couple of days of school and that strep was going around. We went to the park after that and ran into a mom of a girl in D's class. She too had strep. We were chatting how it was a weird case of strep. Instead of a sore throat coming on first and being the main complaint, D and her daughter both complained first of a stomach ache and wasn't until a couple of days later that their throats even started to hurt(I don't think D said anything until Monday morning about it hurting) Weird time of the year for it.

I found this freebie through a link on the TWBB and I think it would be good for my SIL. Someone was asking about a sampler to do as anniversary gift and this was posted as a suggestion:

http://www.sanmanoriginals.com/free.html

It's about 1/2 down the page and it's called "Love will Keep us Together". It's looks fairly simple and I can personalize it to match the colors in her house. I wanted to stay away from anything to girlie because that's not really my SIL. I also wanted to stay away from anything that has the last name on it because 1) I'm not sure my SIL is going to take his name since she still has kids in school. After her divorce she didn't take back her maiden name because she said she didn't the name confusion with the kids(maybe it might be different in this case) and 2) he has a really complicated and long polish name so I'd rather skip it if I could. With something this small I will probably be able to frame it myself. I just have to pick the color. I'm not sure if I might want to take a trip to the stitching store for a nice over dyed or if I want to just stick with some DMC. I need to look in my stash, when I feel better, and decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home