Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fever free!!

D woke up this morning fever free and saying he felt pretty good. He looks so much better and is in a much better mood. We got home early enough from the Dr's that I was able to get two doses of the antibiotic in him before bed so that is why he feels so good this morning. All I can say is thank god for modern medicine. I can't imagine what it was like before antibiotics when all you could do for your kids is just watch them and hope they got better. That would have been torture!!

I looked up strep throat on WebMD and if the rest of us remain fine until the end of the week it means we should be Ok. The incubation period is 2-5 days, and D should no longer be contagious after he's been on the antibiotic 24 hours.

He looked so much better and was acting so much better that I *almost* sent him to school today because he really wanted to. I then realized if today had been any other day but the last day, I wouldn't have even considered it. I also didn't want to risk getting some other kid sick so he stayed home. I'm off to get G from the bus in a little while and that will be the official start to summer break. I'm looking forward to a slower pace around here.

We might sneak off to the library later today. I think D is well enough for that and I don't anticipate the library being that busy either.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, June 13, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

My DS has strep a week ago. It seems kind of weird having it this time of year. He had a horrible case of it and it scared me to death to look at his through. It is amazing how quickly they rebound with the proper medicine and I have wondered about the "no antibiotics" thing myself a time or two.

 
At 1:01 PM, June 13, 2006 , Blogger Terri said...

Look at his THROAT, not through....I can to spell! LOL

 
At 9:20 PM, June 13, 2006 , Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Yay! Glad he is feeling so much better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home