Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

It's still Strep...

We had a really fitful night last night. D's temp spiked again to over 103 and was tough to bring down. He was up a lot which meant I was up with him, as was DH, but even time he moved I swear I woke up. I got really scared because he said his throat is fine but his head hurt so bad. In my mind bad headache + high fever = somehting bad. According to the Dr though a headache is a common complaint with step and his tonsils are still quite swollen. She was very suprised his throat didn't hurt. She assured me it's all the same strain of strep and changed his antibiotic. Only problem is finding it. DH has been to two pharmacies and niether stock it or can get it until mid-afternoon on Monday. He's now off to a third to see if they may have it.

I'm not feeling great today and kind of feeling cranky. I'm so tired because it seems like all I've done this week is wait on either DH or D. I'm just tuckered out and am looking forward to DH coming home so I can take a nap! This sinus thing and that time fast approaching aren't helping me to feel my best today.

Tonight is the end of the season hockey party at my SIL's house. We had made arrangements for the boys to spend the night with my other SIL at her house but now with D sick there is no way to do that. DH is still going, as he should since it's his team and he's worked so hard at it, still its hard that he is going to be having fun and I get to wait on a sick kid. I'd like to be one of those wives who insist that he stay home too but what is the point? Why should we both miss out? He was saying I should go, and he'd stay home, but that would be sillly, especially since all D wants is mom right now.

I'm sure tomorrow D will be feeling better. I'm trying to look forward to a more restful evening tonight. I got out of the house for a little while last night by heading to the library and to the bead store, so I got a bit of a break, but I was looking forward to an overnight away from the kids. I may treat myself to a new XS start since I've been itching to start my new next planned project and I have a really good book on tape I could listen to while I do that.

I can also work on the wedding piece for my SIL. I found a piece of fabric in my stash and a really cool, funky, overdyed Needle Necessities, that have some of the colors of her house and just kind of look like her. I can probably put a good dent in it tonight if I buckle down and do it. I think I will add some silver beads to it and it will be nice. Instead of framing, I may finish it up as a small pillow or as a door hanging. I think I can manage that by July 7th.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, June 17, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Oh my gosh, you poor thing....if it isn't one thing it's another....I hope DH can find the antibiotic...maybe give the dr. office a call real quick before they close for the weekend and tell them no one has it. Maybe they have samples there or something to hold you over until Monday.

Sorry you won't get to go to the party, but you are right....it would be kinda weird for you to go and not DH since it's his hockey! Maybe tomorrow you can get out a bit. Starting a new project sounds like a great idea!! I am itching for the Halloween fairy, but funds don't allow for a $50 purchase right now..{{sigh}}.

Take it easy, and I hope D feels much better soon!!

Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home