Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, June 12, 2006

From a little sick, to really sick, in about 3 hours time.

D did pretty well most of the morning. He ate, he watched some TV and his temp remained pretty normal for awhile. About noon it spiked again, back over 103 according to the ear thermometer(and remind me to buy a real one cause I don't always trust those readings). He seemed really sick at that point and looked just horrid, all pink cheeked and glassy eyed. I gave him some motrin, got him to lay down and I hoped that once the motrin kicked in he would feel a bit better. About 90 minutes later, he was still saying he didn't feel good, still felt really hot, still looked really sick, took his temp, still says 102. Even though it hadn't been that long since the last dose of motrin, I gave him another, and after another hour his temp was still registering well above 101, I gave my doctors office a call.

My dr's office is open until 8pm today, thank goodness, and we will be trooping off in rush hour traffic in a few minutes, to wait at the dr's office for someone to see him. I called Dh and I was shocked when he said he's leaving the office now and will meet us there. I think D has had more illnesses in the last two years and they seemed to hit him harder than they did when he was littlier. Schools = little germ factories.

I suspect tonsillitis because of how he is talking. I'm only bummed that my favorite dr isn't in today so we will have to see whoever but at this point I just want him looked at. I don't want to wait until tomorrow when he may be more sick or risk him getting more sick in the middle of the night when the ER would be our only option.


I called the school and I can come up tomorrow and pick up his report card and yearbook but I feel bad he missed the last two days.

Back from the Dr's. It's strep throat. Some antibiotics and he should be feeling better soon!! I'm glad now that I took him today instead of waiting. He would of only have gotten more sick. Now to just keep our fingers crossed that none of us get it. G is doing fine, I'm just tired, DH says he feels fine too. The thing with strep is it is often contagious *before* the symptoms appear so if we are going to get it, we've been exposed.

I feel bad when I think of all the people we were around on Saturday with the 40th birthday party and at the hockey game. Except for being a little cranky during the day on Saturday, he seemed perfectly healthy.

I don't know if it was required but I did get a dr's note so I will drop that off when I get the report card and yearbook.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, June 13, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

I hope D starts feeling better soon and the rest of you stay healthy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home