Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Well, that didn't take long

I feel kind of silly now saying I was going to be off line awhile longer when Dh came home and between the two of us we got my old sewing table moved from the basement and my computer set up in our bedroom by 10pm last night. I was able to clear out a corner and while it's not ideal, it will work for awhile. I think DH was feeling a bit disconnected from the world too so that is what gave him the extra push, well, that and me meeting him at the door saying he had to get the computer hooked up or else. The boys, while they don't play *a lot* online, were looking for things to do yesterday and D really wanted to play on the computer. The laptop is a no-no for the kids since it's technically not ours. It helped that instead of waiting for DH to help me move things or do something, I just go ahead now and do it. I'm getting much more done now(earlier in the week I took care of some wayward trees growing along the fence. I had been bugging him for over a month to do it and he didn't, so I jumped in and it felt good to have accomplished it). On one hand its frustrating that I have to do so much on my own, but not nearly as frustrating as waiting for something to get done that doesn't.

This means that there are 4 of us once again sharing one computer but it is better than nothing. The boys also think now they can hang out in our room but I had to put my foot down about that. It couldn't have come at a better time though since the weather today is cloudy and gloomy and there are no kids to play with so it's nice for them to have something else to do.

Tonight we are going to head to a new Ikea store that opened in Canton. It was a very big deal and all over the news for days. We need a smallish sized desk/table or something to put Dh's computer on. We are still debating if it's going to go in the living room or if we are going to find a way to put it our room as well(if we move the dogs crate to the living room we will have another good sized corner free). I looked at Ikea online to see if they had an options and they had several in the $20-$40 range so we are going to take a look in person. They are very basic and very sparse and it will take some getting used to not being able to spread all out when you compute.

Today I'm just taking it easy and resting up for what will be a busy weekend. Steph isn't even here yet but I can safely say that I think this has been good for the house. We've been here 9 years and since we've moved in, we haven't done a lot, probably because we had to do so much to the house just to make it livable and then the boys came along. This has been a good chance to shake things up, move things around, rethink how things are placed, and most importantly throw a lot of crap AWAY!!!!

On the stitching front I haven't been doing much. My FG is still languishing without a face or arms though she has hair now. I did go back to the bead store I picked up another bead to replace the eggplant one. I'm still not sure if the one I bought originally would work or not but I liked this color too so I will try them both, if I ever get around to it.

I didn't even get an ornament done in June, went through my stash, but nothing called to me, which is odd, because I love Christmas ornaments, and I have tons to choose from. I never realized how much of my stitching was spurred on by my online/friendship connections and when those were cut, my stitching has really suffered. On the plus side it's been really good for the pocket book since except for the beads I haven't made a single stitching related purchase since February.

I did have a tiny urge to buy the new Just Cross Stitch Ornament book but I don't want to buy it "sight unseen" but the thought of going into a cross stitch store all by myself is really depressing. I haven't had to make that trip by myself in a really long time and I'm not sure if I know how or if it will be any fun. DH said he'd go with me, and he meant it, but I know it won't be the same. I joked with him that I would hold him to that and drag him along, in his PJ's, when our not so LNS has their annual Moonlight Madness sale in October(you get a prize t if you are in your PJ's). DH said to tell him the date and he'd be there He's not such a bad guy after all and has really been supportive to me as I try to figure out exactly what I did wrong or how I could of handled things differently. It's a moot point but I would like to at least learn something or grow from it.

Instead of stitching I've been doing a lot of reading. I went to the library and took a bunch of books out. I read 4 by Nora Roberts(a 3 older ones, one new one), the newest Sue Grafton(though I think I missed something along the way because I didn't get the motive), a not so great book about a love affair with a ghost, and I am currently in the middle of a book by Barbara Taylor Bradford. It's only so-so but not horrible either.

I hope everyone has a safe happy 4th of July weekend! DH has to work Monday but he's hoping for a light day since so many other companies are going to be closed that day. I hope he is right!

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, June 30, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Hi Sarah!
Glad you got things set up. Ohh you are lucky to be going to Ikea! I would love to check that place out! Canton isn't too far, maybe I can talk DH into it on our vacation week the beginning of August!

I wanted to apologize again for offending you last month...I feel terrible that you feel you had to cut all ties to your stitching friends. I hope in time you will be able to forgive.

Take care and have a great holiday.

Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home