Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

I night without the kids and it happened so fast I didn't' have time to worry!

DH called yesterday afternoon and said Steph wanted us to go out with her last night but I gave him a bunch of excuses, I was too tired, too sore etc. He said fine. When Steph came home though she was kind of insistent, she said I needed to get out, we would have fun, she'd but us a couple of rounds, and we should go. She was nice about it and she was right, I did *need* to get out. Still I worried about a baby sitter. She said if we couldn't find one then her and I would go since I had to miss the hockey party. It was super cool the way she stood up to DH, not that he would deny me a night out, but it helped me feel better about it with a voice to back me up. Before I knew it I had an outfit picked out, was in the shower and DH on the way to his moms house with the boys.

We went to a couple of clubs, had a few drinks(I nursed most of them and with each beer had a glass of water) but it was fun to be out after dark, some place loud, with music and dancing and just all around good fun. The night flew by and around Midnight Dh checked on the boys. His mom said they were sleeping and to just leave them, I wanted to say no, but I got over ruled, so they stayed. We came home, had some Taco Bell, played some cards and we went to bed somewhere around 3am. I'm only slightly jealous that Steph is still sleeping(it's nearly noon) and we were up at 7am to get the boys. I think DH missed them as much as I did.

I can't believe I did it, I left them overnight with someone other than myself. This is *huge* for me and it happened in the perfect way....Without a lot of thought, planning, and better yet with no time to fret and worry over it too much. I did leave D when he was two with my SIL and her kids(she was still married then) for a long weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary(I was pregnant with G at the time) but G, at nearly 7, had never been with someone overnight.

The best part is they had fun, they aren't scarred by it, sure they stayed up too late, ate popcorn at 10pm, didn't brush their teeth, slept on the floor, but they said it was fun, and they are Ok.

I'm really proud of myself and it was a much deserved break from a normal Friday night!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, July 15, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Glad everyone had fun! I bet even Grandma enjoyed it! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home