Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Ugh! Is it the weekend yet?

I feel bad again today. Not in the bathroom bad but I feel like I've been beat up and my stomach is still very iffy. I've spent the morning, slowly cause that is the only speed I have at the moment, cleaning the house and finally getting the dishes done from Wednesday night. I still have a lot to go and all I want to do is nap. I do have to say so far this is the one drawback of having Steph here, the need to keep my house really clean, or at least a lot cleaner than I would if it was just us, and I admit that is probably not as clean as some people's house. It's my *own* hang up and I honestly don't think she would care all that much if the house was messy but it bugs me for other's to see it less than it's best so instead of letting it go today, I made myself get it done . I guess in some ways you could look at it as a pro but today when I want to do is stretch out on the couch and take a nap(not possible with kids but I can dream) it seems like a con.

I felt bad for DH today. He has had a horrible week at work. They have been so busy and he has been running around doing like 10 different jobs and he was so tired this morning. He got up though, headed to work and then hit a horrible traffic jam. On a good day even though he's quite a distance from his office he can make it to work most mornings in 20 minutes, more or less. This morning the freeway was shut down, caused a big back up and the side roads were swelling with traffic. It took him nearly 1 hour 20 minutes and he was late to work. It's not a big deal, and I'm sure he wasn't the only one but he called at one point really frustrated with the pace of the traffic. That is a big downside to the job, the commute. On good days he doesn't notice it all that much, but like this morning it can be bad.

It's going to be a hot and steamy day and into the weekend. We've been lucky so far this year with really gorgeous weather so we are due for some normal Michigan summer weather. It's going to climb to 94 by the end of the weekend.

I did finish the dress for the hardanger angel. I just have to do the wings which I hopefully do today since they are so small. Now to just remember where I put the angel heads someone was kind enough to send me last year for her last year! I wish the scanner was hooked up because it's really pretty. I learned to do spiderweb roses, button hole bars, and it has a couple of pretty crystals that thankfully I had in my stash. I hope it will be easy to construct.....

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, July 14, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

{{{Sarah}}} I hope you are feeling better soon

 
At 8:05 AM, July 14, 2006 , Blogger Suzanne said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!
Suz

 
At 10:24 AM, July 14, 2006 , Blogger Shalini said...

um...did I read it right? 20 minute commute is a dream over here. DH's previous project was in DC. 2 Hours commute!!!! Daily! He did it for 2 years and when the same project moved to MD 2.5 Hours away, he left it. Because of traffic, he has to take metro and a bus. On a weekend/holiday you can drive to get there in 40 minutes.

Now, he's at a different project. Same company, different project. 20 minutes away. Finally getting a break!

Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home