Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I hate banks!! I'm taking my money and putting it in a shoebox

I don't like banks, I hate their logic and I find it completely unfair that everything seems to fall in their favor. DH deposited his paycheck along w/2 personal checks. We knew the personal checks would take awhile to clear but figured the payroll check would clear like normal. We figured wrong. All 3 checks together made the deposit "too large"(the banks phrase) and they held up the entire deposit. A check came through and instead of holding the check while the deposit was "pending" they bounced and returned our check. I'm so mad and no amount of talking to the bank will change a thing. It's policy and we are out the money for the bounced check fee and a returned check fee. It's just so frustrating!! I swear I think we would be better off just cashing checks, getting money orders and keeping the rest in a shoebox.

Other than that I'm feeling a bit tired and a bit sunburned today. Our friend Mary is home from her trip to Alaska(though she was disappointed that it rained everyday she was there) and she had us and the boys to her house and to the pool yesterday. I put 30SPF sunblock on all of us and was very good about reapplying it every couple of hours. Even with this the 3 of us are looking a bit pink, with me being the worse on just one arm, shoulder and my chest. We normally sit in the shade of an umbrella by the pool but it was a bit crowded yesterday and I ended up with just part of me in the sun. It wasn't for more than 10 minutes or so before we could shift so I too was in the shade. I had sunblock on so I wasn't too worried but I still got burned. It's very red, itchy and stingy today. Steph had some aloe lotion that helped somewhat but it's uncomfortable. The boys had a blast at the pool though. D will even now put his head underwater and it made we wish we had more money for swim lessons. I got in the pool with them and tried to teach him but he wanted to just play instead. Mary fed us a small lunch and a really yummy dinner with a HUGE fruit salad. We will be going back next Thursday as long as it doesn't' rain. I'm going to be sure to buy better sunblock before then.

I discovered another con to Steph living here....I stay up too late. After dinner Steph usually comes upstairs and we all head outside to hang out. The boys play in the yard or with their friends, and the 3 of us have fallen into the habit of playing cards, Hearts, since it's easy for 3 people to play. Last night the weather was so nice and we were having such a good time that we hung out until well after midnight playing cards. Not only am I tired today but I also lost 3 games in a row!! Hearts is such a simple card game to grasp, but I can't seem to win. I lose badly and it's frustrating.

Thankfully our normal weekly BBQ got moved to tomorrow night because I didn't get to the grocery store yesterday(we went swimming instead) and Steph had something she had to do tonight for school. Since she will be gone all evening I'm looking forward to going to bed a bit earlier. Still I had a lot of fun playing and it's been really nice having someone else around. I know DH has really liked having someone he can talk shop with. She is going to visit her dad this weekend so it will be just us and that will be nice too. So far I have to say though it's going pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home