Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dh is taking the day off!!

Yesterday I told DH that I was just plain wiped out and that I really needed a hand getting the rest of the basement in order. I don't mean to sound like a wimp but I feel like I've done an *awful* lot in the last month. I've basically cleaned the entire first floor along with cleaning out every closet, I absorbed an entire floor of stuff into other areas of our house and re-did a bathroom. I'm tired, sore and DONE! I told him he was going to have to do the last of the packing and moving in the basement, or at least a good chunk of it. He just called a little while ago and he has put in to take tomorrow off. It's pretty slow at work right now and he has a few vacation days. It's not 100% but pretty darn close so I'm greatly relieved.

I'm feeling a bit better today. My toe is looking better and I can bend it now. I discovered yesterday if I taped it to the toe next to it, that it felt a lot better. I did keep it up and with ice on it yesterday so I'm sure that helped. I can at least get shoes on today!! My finger however is still pretty swollen, still weepy and I'm not sure what else to do for it other than cleaning it out, slathering on Neosporin and keeping it covered.

I was very happy that last nights BBQ got cancelled. Steph decided to spend her moms last night in town at home, just the two of them and she had some last minute stuff to do. We still grilled but it was nice and quiet and simple. Unfortunately the Milky Way cake was only so-so. I'm going to have to try a different version.

Today '"m boiling eggs and getting ready to make the 3 dozen deviled eggs for my SIL's wedding reception tomorrow and I'm so not looking forward to going. I had a chat with my niece(who's 20 and lives at with my SIL and her soon to be DH) and a chat with my SI. It seems their up coming wedding is really more a business decision instead of "I want to spend the rest of my life with you". He has "left" yet another job(I think it was job number 6 in the two years he's been in Michigan) and now wants to go back to school to be a Vet Tech. If they get married he can go on my SIL's health insurance and since she works at a local community college he can take a lot of basic courses for free. Later on she will have to get a second job to support this guy while he goes to school but for now this will work . I was speechless, and not sure what to say. Every time I felt uneasy about them getting married I tried to tell myself "well, they love each other" but to hear it put in such business terms felt wrong. She told me straight up if it wasn't for these reasons she would probably never get married again.

Don't get me wrong, marriages based on love don't last anymore either so I guess it's as good of a reason as any. Still to me marriage, or at least my marriage, was a sacred vow between DH and I, a vow I made in front of friends, family and God. This seems vastly different than that......Because of this I've decided the wedding sampler I completed for them will wait awhile, maybe as a Christmas gift but it doesn't seem right for the occasion. Instead my help with the set up, the 3 dozen deviled eggs, and a nice bottle of wine will have to do as a wedding gift.

Steph moves in tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home