Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Small doesn't mean easy!!

I thought that the bathroom in the basement would but such a quick project since it's such a small space. I was wrong about that!! It took all weekend and then some to get it done. The walls were such a dark color and we decided to lighten them up so that required a coat of primer plus two coats of paint. With a small bathroom that meant a lot of bending and stooping and it was so small that really only one person could be in there at a time, mainly me, so it took a long time to finish. The floor was tricky too because of the tiles we had and the way the bathroom is laid out. It's kind of a square in the middle with the toilet and then goes off in both directions with the shower stall to one side and the sink to the other. We did ok but I'm not thrilled with the amount of cutting of tiles we had to do around the toilet. Still it's so much better than what it was!!! With the lighter wall color and lighter floor it seems much brighter and not so much of a cave like it did before. I hope Steph will like it!!!

I managed to cut my thumb along the way, right next to my nail, kind of like a hang nail almost. I was careful to clean it out and to bandage it but today it's swollen and oozing pus. I soaked it, put some antibiotic cream on it and have it wrapped but it's painful to bump, which I seem to manage to do on EVERYTHING!!

And I injured my foot. I dropped one of the vanity doors, wooden, on the base of my big toe. It t didn't hurt that bad at first but within a short of amount of time it was really swollen and sore. Today it's much less swollen but there is huge bruise and it's really quite painful to walk on. I didn't think it required a trip to the emergency room but I thought about having my dr. take a look. They are closed today for the holiday so I will have to wait until tomorrow and assess how it's doing then. For the most part I'm trying to stay sitting with my foot up and I hope to stitch some this afternoon.

We are on track for getting the last of what we need to do for the basement. We have two big pieces of furniture to move(maybe tonight) and we got DH's computer moved yesterday. It's not hooked up to the network yet so we are still sharing mine 4 ways but at least it's moved. Dh is trying to figure out how to hook it up, he'd like to go wireless but we can't really afford to. I hope by the weekend we have that done. We did get our Ikea desk on Friday and set up in the living room. It doesn't take up as much room as I feared and I guess it won't be so bad in there, for awhile.

All in all I'm tired and just ready for Steph to get here. This has turned out to be a lot more work that I thought it would be and I haven't gotten as much help from DH as I had hoped(it was his idea to paint but yet I spent the 3 days straight in the tiny bathroom doing it) but still it's been good for the house. I didn't realize how much I hated that bathroom and now with it spruced up it's really nice. We also talked about some other things we would like to do to the basement when Steph leaves and we are about 80% certain we will be moving our bedroom down there when she moves out.

Tonight is the BBQ and they are just going to have to put up with a dirty house. DH did some big things for me last night, and I got the bathroom cleaned this morning but I"m just to tired and too sore to mop my floors so they will have to stay that way. We are going to just do some brauts, beans and I made a "Milky Way" cake for desert. I found the recipe on line and you start by melting 170z worth of Milky Ways and it smelled awesome while it baked. I hope it tastes as good.

I'm off to prop up my foot!

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, July 05, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Oohhh....Milky Way cake...you are going to have to share that recipe!

Glad all is going well (well, except for the cut thumb and sore toe!). Don't worry about your floors...I tend to do the same thing and when I don't do them, no one even notices!!!

Take it easy!
Lori

 
At 10:10 AM, July 05, 2006 , Blogger Karoline said...

Ouch Sarah you have been in the wars, hope everything heals quickly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home