Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thank god for Grandma's!!

Last night was Wednesday night BBQ night. We had a BLAST. We ate, our friend Scott came over, Steph had a friend from work over and we laughed, talked, ate, played air hockey etc. I had a couple of drinks, and by a couple I mean 3, two beers and then a Ruby Red Grapefruit juice mixed with Ruby Red Absolut Vodka. I went to bed feeling pleasantly buzzed, not overly drunk, or bed spinning even, just happy.

About 5am I woke up, my head was pounding and then I started to feel sick. I'll spare most of the gory details but lets just say I spent about 4 hours in the bathroom in all sorts of distress. (WARNING TMI) at one point I was the toilet with a bucket too. Not at all pretty and not at all fun, especially since I had seemingly expelled most of what I ate but my body was still trying to dislodge something from say the region of my toes or something I might of ate in my youth. It finally stopped about an hour or so ago. I have kept down 1 motrin and just enough water to take it with. Woo Hoo!!

DH was checking on me before he went to work and I told him he had to call his mom or stay home and take care of the boys. I just could not do it from the bathroom so thankfully my MIL is an early riser and DH took the boys to her house on his way to work. I felt awful having to ask but I had no choice, there was no way I could function and take care of them. They were thrilled to go and DH says my MIL was fine with it so I could take as much time as I need. I'm going to try to nap and hopefully in another hour or so I can go get them.

The other down side to the day is our cat is still having litter box issues and went once again in the living room(thats 2X there, once in th e kitchen). I don't know what to do. The door in the basement is open, his box is in the same spot, clean, so I don't know what the problem is. I do know I can't keep cleaning all these spots on the carpet. I told DH we might have to bring the box upstairs at night since that is when he is doing it. I did not expect this to be a problem.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, July 13, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Hope you feel better soon! Maybe because you mixed grapefruit with beer it made you sick? What did you cook out....maybe it was not cooked enough?

I bet your MIL is thoroughly enjoying the boys today!!

Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home