Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Who knew...


....that out of all of us adjusting to the new living arrangements that it was the cat that would have the most problems. I worried about the kids but they are having a blast and Steph invited them down to play her Nintendo last night after dinner. I worried that the dog would bark every time she moved or went outside but except for being really excited to see her and being overly affectionate she is doing well. I was worried that I would have a hard time being social but it was actually really nice to have another adult to talk to you. Meepers(the cat) though left another present, this time time in the middle of the living room carpet. The door is open to where his litter box is and has been all night so I'm confused. I cleaned it well and I have the enzyme cleaner to take up all the smell. We reintroduced Meepers to the box by taking him down the stairs, to the box itself and putting him in it. I'll do this a few times again today and hope that helps. I will have to call my SIL later today and see if she will let me borrow her carpet cleaner over the weekend. We've been meaning to do it for awhile and this gives me the perfect excuse.

I have to talk about how *gorgeous* the weather in Michigan has been lately. The days have been in the mid 80's, nights in the low 60's, lots of sunshine, very little humidity and just beautiful, very not typical July weather. It's been so nice to sit on the porch(which we all did to nearly midnight last night) and watch the world go by. I guess its going to come to an end this weekend with some hot/humid weather over the weekend but not as bad as it could be.

Last night Steph said we should pick a project to do each weekend so we can get stuff done(I t hink she wants to be useful) so we are going to try to install a new side door. We bought new doors a couple of years ago and they have been sitting in our garage ever since. A lodge brother was going to put them in for us but he passed away before he could get to it and we haven't had the money since to pay someone to do it(one place wanted almost 2X what we paid for the door just for the install). We figure we will have our friend Scott come over, look up how to do it online and give it a try. It should be fun and interesting!

I did stitch quite a bit yesterday. That is the thing I like about Hardanger is that it's more portable than some XS projects. As we all sat on the porch watching the boys play, I was able to finish up all the rest of the wrapped bars on the Angel. I just have about a billion eyelets to do before I can move on to the wings but it is progress.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, July 11, 2006 , Blogger Jenny said...

Glad to hear the adjustment is going well so far. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home