Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Steph is all moved in!

I was not happy to discover that we not only had to get the house ready for her to move to but help with the actual moving process. I guess the phrase "real friends help you move" is true because she had some people lined up but then they all backed out at the last minute. She did offer us gas money, beer and pizza so it wasn't all bad. DH's brother and SIL came and helped to with a trailer and mini-van. My BIL is retired military so the have moving down to a science so they kind of came in, took over, and we just did their bidding so to speak. My poor SIL was frustrated that we had to make a second trip for a few more things because we just ran out of room. She's used to moves where you can't come back for stuff!! Still we got it all done by 9pm last night.

Our poor dog is so confused. She has walked around for days watching us moving stuff out and yesterday before Steph started moving in she just wandered the empty basement looking around. Then when we moved stuff in she was even more confused. It was cute this morning she kept walking to the top of the basement stairs and walking back to us and sitting like she was saying "hey, you know someone is down there right?" When Steph got up she went outside to drink some coffee and enjoy the gorgeous day we are having. When the dog saw her she got so excited and had to run out there and give her a good sniff.

I think it's going to be OK. We didn't seem to be too loud for her this morning and I couldn't hear her TV last night as we went to sleep. Now all is that is left is the final shuffling of stuff but it looks like she's going to be pretty comfortable down there. I had forgotten how much space was there down there once we got the desks out. She is also pretty happy that she will be saving so much money. I found out what her rent *was* and I was shocked, it was a lot, and then utilities on top of that. Then there is savings in gas alone.....

I'm tired today, the kids are tired today, and I'm looking forward to just chilling until it's time to head to hockey.

My other SIL did get married yesterday but with the move we didn't get over to the reception like we wanted to. I went with the boys for about an hour and then DH went over for a little while after that. She was cool with it but I wanted to make sure we made some kind of appearance.

His mom was here for the weekend and since her dog had recently had puppies she brought them all with her. They were some sort of little fluffy things, mutts, but oh so adorable. I really wanted to take one home but unfortunately they were all spoken for or I would have in a second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home