Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, July 10, 2006

We survived the first weekend.

Well we have made it through the first weekend of Steph living here with only one minor mishap. She hung her hockey bag on the door to the laundry room, where there is also the litter box, and poor Meepers couldn't get to the box last night. He left a "present" in the kitchen so it was easily cleaned up but I felt bad for the poor guy. I'm not sure she even realized the litter box was in there since I have it tucked in the corner of the laundry room and I'm not sure she has even been in there.

I was worried about how much socializing we would all "have" to do or if she will feel compelled to mingle even if she didn't want to but we did Ok over the weekend. She spent all of Saturday at her old place cleaning and turning in her keys, getting the last of her mail, turning her cable box in etc so we didn't see her until hockey. Day. Sunday she spent it unpacking and getting organized. She did a nice job and got it all done in just a few hours and she says it's the perfect amount of space for just her.

Sunday night I offered her some of our chili for dinner but she wasn't hungry. After dinner DH and I were in the backyard enjoying the nice weather and she came out and we all hung out for awhile. After that the boys wanted to watch a movie and she watched it with us, and after that we all headed to our separate beds. She said this will be cool, when she wants company she can just come up and say Hi or if she wants to be alone she can stay downstairs.

So far the boys have really be respectful of her space and privacy because I talked to them about how they couldn't go downstairs unless she invited them. I worried though that G would wake up Saturday morning all excited and go bounding down the stairs but he didn't. I wish the dog would be the same way. She seems the most excited to see Steph here and I guess she has made a few nocturnal visits. I told her to close off the doors if she wanted too but she said she kind of liked it, once she realized what it was.

DH was also able to get all our computers on line this weekend so my computer is no longer everyone else's and I'm glad for that. He hooked up her computer as well as all here electronics. He felt very manly after doing that :D

The only downside to our weekend was I found out our good friends are having some serious marriage problems. They have been married as long as we have and it's a shame to see him so unhappy, and he is really unhappy. He joked if he could have the basement after Steph and I told him our house was always open and we'd make room for him now if he needed. He said no, he'd hang in awhile longer, but I knew in that moment that he really wants out. They don't have kids but I can see where ending any marriage can be hard. Knowing him though, he'll stick it out, which is sad too.

For the next week I'm just going to chill. I still need to get some more stuff organized in the boys room and my craft room but frankly I'm sick of looking at stuff. My stuff, her stuff, everyone else's stuff so it can wait until next week because I can shut the doors on both spaces and not see it!

I pulled out some hardanger yesterday. I needed something a little bit easier and lot more relaxing to work on and hardanger fits the bill for me. I am very close to completing an angel that I started last year and put away. I think I'm going to try to finish that as my ornament for July(never did finish one for June) and then focus on my FG to get try to finally get her done. Maybe by the end of July.....

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, July 10, 2006 , Blogger LoriU said...

Hi Sarah,
Glad things are settling down. I hope that this being said:

"She said this will be cool, when she wants company she can just come up and say Hi or if she wants to be alone she can stay downstairs."

she doesn't come up to say Hi when YOU don't really want company!

Anyway, hopefully it will all work out. Hope you get FG going again!

Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home