Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Friday, January 06, 2012

WIPocolypse!!

I haven't blogged in forever, obviously but I like the idea of finishing up old Cross Stitch projects that are rolling around so I thought I would join in to the WIPocolypse craze! I finished a couple of really old projects last year and it felt really good. I don't have the time I used to to stitch but I do have some time and I'm committed to trying to step away from the computer, not spend so much time on Farmville and get back to my favorite hobby. My goals are simple for the year:


Not start anything new!

Finish Tiger Lily which just needs to finish the backstitching and beads

Finish Jasmine which was one of the new starts from last year. She is about 3/4 of the way done

Finish Joan Elliots Autumn Fairy which was my other new start of the year. I've gotten a lot done but I'd say there is about 2/3 to go.

Lastly, dig out Stargazer out of my stash and try to find all the bits to finishing her. I was working on her when I was going through my divorce and stuff got lost in the moves and the transition. At one point I did have most of it together but it was just too hard to look at and work on, it made me sad. Now that I'm over 4 years post break up and remarried, I'm thinking those feelings won't bother me anymore.

I also have some random ornaments that I did in 2010 that need just either beads or braid.

I would also like to "finish" up some completed projects, mostly ornaments. I had started this before my wedding/Christmas, I cut mat boards, picked backing fabrics and trim, but then my wedding and then Christmas got in the way. They are currently a mess in my closet.


Seems like a very simple, easily and reasonable list to complete!!

I'm off work this week with a shoulder injury, so I hope to get some pictures added of where my progress is starting.


Need to add a couple more things I forgot about:

Guinevere by Serendipity Designs: This goes back a couple of years, I'm doing it minus the boarder and we are down to the metallic and backstitching. I have to sub some stuff, it's an old pattern and calls for Balger threads but I decided to do the gold in #4 braid and then the green and red Balger, I'll do as beads, just need to dig through my stash to find the right ones.


Fairy Alighting by X's and Oh's(I think) - This goes back I"m afraid to 2001 maybe, I got it at one of my trips to the stitching festival in Toronto. It's done in 3 shades of grey and all confetti, enough said.

Magic in my needle by Dragon Dreams- This too goes back to early 2000's, it was a class piece for Toronto, very cute little wizard with bunny slippers holding a gold needle with the words "There is magic in my Needle". Needs just back stitching and attaching the gold needle.


I notice a theme here, I seem to stall at the backstitching!!



3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, January 08, 2012 , Blogger Measi said...

Hi Sarah-

You've been added to the participant list. Thanks for joining the WIPocalypse. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

 
At 12:52 PM, January 08, 2012 , Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks, it's been forever since I blogged and even longer than I have had a clear plan to my stitching. I have so much stash just sitting and so many great things on the verge of completion, that I'm hoping participating in something like this will get me to finish a few things this year!!!

 
At 7:11 PM, January 08, 2012 , Blogger Ziggyeor said...

Oh wow great progress. I know some people that get all the stitching done and then it sits for months until they finally do the back stitching and french knots!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home