Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Two more days of heat!!

The weather report I read yesterday was wrong. We did get rain yesterday evening and it did cool things off somewhat we are expected to get two more days of heat/humidity. Today it's only going to be 88 instead of yesterday's 92. Chance of rain towards evening. Tomorrow will be stormy all day and 88 THEN things will cool down for the weekend. I sure hope they don't change their minds again because I can't take much more of the heat.

I'm hoping for late afternoon showers. Today is baseball/t-ball night and the last thing I want to do is go sit on a ball field for 2 1/2 hours in this heat. On Monday they did cut G's game short but it didn't really help us since we had to wait around for Donovan's game. It was a tad cooler than at home but not by much. I'm not looking forward to doing the same thing tonight.

With the heat comes some power problems. We've had a brown out situation the last 3 days. From about 9am on I've noticed the fans start spinning slower, the microwave not working as well, and the DVD player not turn on. We had it happen once before and the power company was out. The best guess is we have an older transformer in the neighborhood that is just getting over drawn in this kind of weather. They have tried tracking it down but it's hard to do. I called yesterday and of course by the time they got here power was pretty much back to normal. To be on the safe side we've been Turning everything off beginning around 10am and waiting until after dinner. We leave the fans and a small TV downstairs for the boys.

I was able to sit down for a little while yesterday afternoon and got some stitching done. I added in some of the beads. It's an older pattern that uses regular sized mill hill instead of the petites that are now available. I've heard some people complaining about trying to make all the beads fit on 32 ct fabric but I didn't have too much of a problem in the small area I tried it on. I used a full X to make them sit straight instead of on a slant. I hope to get more stitching done today so maybe tomorrow I will have a progress picture again.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, June 29, 2005 , Blogger Jill in CA said...

Ugh, I hope it cools off for you soon! As for the mill hills on 32 count, it can be ok on regular fabric, but if it's a hand-dyed fabric then the fabric is slightly smaller and they don't fit well. I learned this the hard way earlier this year when I used a 32 count hand-dyed linen for Cottage Garden Fairy (with lots of solid beading). Hand dyed fabrics shrink; I think 28 count is more like 30, so I guess 32 is more like 34? Anyway I can't wait to see your progress pic with beads!

 
At 6:32 AM, June 30, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

I hope the weather settles down soon!

I too can't wait to see some progress with the beads added.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home