Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Only good things today!!

I've decided I'm going to try to adjust my attitude. I can't really change anything at the moment so obsessing about it isn't going to help so I'm staying positive.

The anti-depressant must be working because I feel much more like myself. I can think more clearly, my appetite is back, I'm sleeping better and while I'm still scared I'm not as freaked as I was.

However I don't know if it was the heat/humidity that we are having here in Michigan or me starting back on my pills but I felt all sorts of funky yesterday. I physically felt off balance, super tired and just kind of funky. I took it real easy yesterday, drank a lot of water, and took a long nap. Last night I only took 1/2 an anti-depressant and I think I'm going to keep at that level and see how I feel from there.

Saturday was great! I was able to go with the Michigan stitchers to Port Huron for the day. I thought that maybe it would be hard watching everyone else buy and me not being able to but I found it was really fun to watch other people make their choices. Ok, I did have a hard time walking away from a piece of fabric but mainly because it was a huge piece for so little money.

After the GTG the boys, Billy and I went out to watch his brother play hockey again. I was looking forward to it because it was so hot in the house. Halfway there we found out the actual game was canceled but we watched them practice for an hour instead. It was great to actually be cold for a little while!! As we were leaving Uncle Dave gave Donovan an old hockey stick and gave G an old puck. OMG, you would of thought he gave them gold or something with how excited they were. They spent most of yesterday playing "hockey" in the yard. I wonder if Pee Wee hockey may be in our future....

In my effort to continue to look on the bright side of things I have to say I like having Billy home. His so happy and in such a good mood that's it's a joy to have him here. Not to mention I'm getting things done around the house. We got the stove in the other day into the house, yesterday morning he cleaned out the garage and this coming weekend he's talking about putting up some doors we bought 4 years ago that have been just sitting in our garage. His brother also has an used ceiling fan in their attic that they are going to give us(we have one but it's old, ugly and makes a ton of noise when we use it) and hopefully we are going to get it up sometime this week. We could really use it since it's super hot/humid this week and we don't want to turn on the a/c.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he goes back to work and SOON but for now I'm going to try to enjoy this little break. We didn't think he would get any time off this summer so we will enjoy it while we can.

We also got one less thing to worry about. We have medical insurance until the end of the month so DH took G in this morning for his Kindergarten physical. He is in perfect health. The only thing he needs is an eye exam but I can get one for free from the health department. It's a shame I got a million other worries on my list but I'm glad to cross one thing off!

Now if I could just get my urge to stitch back. My "Christmas Flourishes" is whimpering but I still can't sit still to stitch.

And I know I'm too old to believe in signs but on Saturday DH and Donovan found a 4 leaf clover. We could use all the extra luck we can get and I'm hoping that it's a sign of good things to come.

Oh yeah, how could I forget. My day started with seeing Jason's new video on TV. I've watched it dozens of times on the computer so it wasn't new but it was nice to see it get some airplay and a good way to start the morning. Damn, he looks fine with his guitar in his hands! I don't know what they did to his voice on this album but his voice is sounding so awesome. Not that it was bad before but now it sounds so mature, and rich, and full.

3 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, June 27, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was away last week, so I missed everything happening. You guys will be in my prayers; I'm always around if you want to talk!

((((((((((Sarah)))))))))

 
At 4:22 PM, June 27, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend! (((hugs)))

 
At 5:00 PM, June 27, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good!

I just thought back to a time when I was seven, and my dad was out of work for several months. I didn't even realize he was out of work until I was much older and my parents explained it to me. I think they'd sheltered us kids from it, which was unusual for them. I remember I loved that summer as we spent so much family time together. We went to the beach a lot, and we had our dad at home and he was in a good mood. Reading your entry today reminded me of that good time. Thanks for that, and may you too build some good memories during this transitional time.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home