Sarah527 Blog

The life of a single mom of two boys as she explores new ideas, new thoughts, and a new career.

Thursday, June 30, 2005





Christmas Flourishes designed by Nora Corbett, copyright Mirabilia Designs



My progress has slowed some but I'm still plugging along. I've started to add some beading to the project. Never having worked with a hand dyed fabric I didn't realize that they shrink some in the dying process. Because of this the Mill Hill look really "large" on the fabric and over shadow some of the surrounding stitching. That's Ok though, I think it makes them stand out and really shine. I haven't had too many problems getting them to fit. I tried slanting them like I do with most projects but discovered that a full X that allows them to sit straight up and down works best to fit them all in.

Dh has sent out more resumes this morning, made a few more phone calls and we are just waiting to hear something. He has one more paycheck that should arrive sometime today or tomorrow. After that we have one week until the first unemployment check arrives. We should be Ok for a few weeks. I'm still freaking over the thought of where next month's house payment is going to come from but I'm still practicing living in the moment kind of thing.

I know my SIL is trying to be helpful but she's putting all sorts of pressure on me. She keeps sending me all these "ads" via e-mail for jobs and sent Billy home with a nicely highlighted want ads with jobs that she thinks I'm qualified for. I know she is trying to help but at the moment it's just freaking me out. If I thought I could go out and get a job tomorrow I would but as a SAHM for the last 8 years with very few other skills I'm not sure how marketable I am. Heck, even a place that sold "glow in the dark" necklaces at fairs and such wanted a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to do that. Add in the fact we are back down to just one car again and two kids that will need to get to/from school in just about 6 weeks(not to mention have someone here with G since he will still be going only 1/2 day) , we have a bit more to juggle than she does(they are child less)

I just have to keep plugging along, keep things as stress free at home as possible, try not to worry too much and just have faith it will all work out OK. It did the last time, it has before and will again. It may not happen on my time table or the way I think it should but it will!!

It will help once the weather is more reasonable. Yesterday was cooler than it had been but 88 and humid is still just too damn hot. We got some late afternoon storms that cooled things down for bedtime which also meant baseball/t-ball was canceled. I was secretly glad. I wasn't up to spending 3 hours on the ball field so I was glad not to go. With the holiday weekend coming up we don't have to go again until next Wednesday.

DH is once again trying to plan our days and what we should be doing. I'm still trying to enjoy having him home and keeping in mind he isn't used to having so much free time but it's still a bit frustrating when I have things I want to do and he is telling me all these things we should be doing. It's a bit of an adjustment for us both. The boys are still thrilled to have him home.

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, June 30, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) If you ever want the work at home information I sent you last year let me know! I'm still doing it since October so I know it is legit and very flexible. Not trying to freak you out or anything ,but just something to keep in mind!!!

 
At 7:41 AM, July 01, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, I've been an at home mom for the past 4 years and had my 2 children rather close..Money has been tight and my MIL did the same to me..so your not alone..keep your chin up hug your kids..this too shall pass.

Josie,
MIravirg.
from Canada.

 
At 9:41 AM, July 01, 2005 , Blogger Sue said...

Gosh, I too remember my 13 SAHM mom years and how well meaning people just didn't 'get it'. We chose for me to stay home, and it was fine for us.

I so can relate to what you're saying about your DH trying to plan his days off. I just started my summer break and it's so much the temptation to run your time off just like you do your job. It works for me, but then again I'm only 'running' my own time, not someone elses!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home