The beading has begun!
I started beading my Forest Goddess this afternoon. This is just about 90 minutes of work:
I'm not sure as I've gone along about my bead choices. I just need to make up my mind and get this done. I'm going to wait until Dh
comes home tonight and have him take a look. The pictures I know don't do a good job of showing the true color of the beads, the eggplant purple ones they do, but the red ones look too red in the pictures. In real life they are more pink red, kind of like a light strawberry. I know they are more opaque the the recommended MH
bead but I thought I had done OK
because of the AB finish on it that is same as the Bugle Beads and the pony beads. I also think next to the pony beads, they look really good and go well. Just not sure of how they look up against the bugle beads( The bugle beads I used are the recommended MH
beads). I will have to do some extra stitching on the tops/bottoms of the bugle beads where they are attached
since I did it on a bigger count fabric. I tried to vary where the extra stitch will go; ie
one will have an extra stitch on top, the next an extra stitch on the bottom. I think they are placed well, just not sure of the colors together.
I do have another option. I have a third bead that I bought, it's kind of a golden color with a pretty AB finish on it. I may put that in just the collar portion of the dress, the portion I"m working on, and the rest of the places on her dress. I would then put the pink red beads in the area's floating around her. It might solve my problem because I do like how my bead choices look in her hair and floating around. Maybe just in this one section vary it a little.....But then would that have too many bead colors? Seriously I need to decide and get it DONE!!
I'll have to browse some more finished FG's
to remind myself that of what the actual bead choices were.
Ok, I have come up with yet another option. Instead of the recommend nutmeg colored bugle beads, I'm just going to use plain gold ones that I have in my stash. Since I basically like the redish beads I picked except for where they meet up with the bugle beads, this will solve the problem. I think they will look fine in other parts of the dress, especially since they are close in color of one of the berry colors used farther down in her skirt. After looking at several fininshed and WIP's on Webshots I realized that the nutmeg colored bugle beads don't look that hot with the recommeneded MH color beads(IMHO) so maybe it wasn't a poor Delica choice on my part.
I just want to finish it at this point. I'm sick of going back an forth on colors so I'm going to make this change and then just finish. My goal is to have it ready for finishing by Friday!